Posted on April 17, 2017
eXperience Play To Do
If you are interested in participating in eXperience Play (XP) remotely, I’m going to provide a to-do list of items each week. These to-do lists will include a variety of tasks such as playing games, reflecting, blogging, and portions of game development. If you complete all five to-do lists, you will produce an educational text-based game in five weeks. This post corresponds with the first session of XP.
Part 1 – Professional Development
1. Play the games listed here.
2. Reflect and write a blog post following this prompt:
Part 2 – Game Development
3. Brainstorm ideas for a text-based game you want to produce over the next 5 weeks:
- Think about what experience you want to communicate to students.
- Consider what aspects of the games you played would be positive additions to your game.
- Keep the scale and scope of your idea limited so you are able to complete your project in five weeks.